Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Just a quick peek inside.....

I had decided not to open the boxes until I'd cleared off my workdesk, so that I could have a go at the first 'dry build', but I wanted to get at the instructions in order to peruse them thoroughly beforehand, so I had no option but to open them anyway.

*ahem*

I have to say, I do like good packaging, and DHE scores highly for theirs.  The boxes are sturdy and even have built-in carry handles, which is a great idea as the boxes are fairly large and quite heavy to move around.

I haven't actually unpacked them, but managed to feel around inside to locate the printed instructions, which, like the packaging, are excellent.

In the past, I've made up quite complex doll's house kits which were supplied with a single-sided A4 sheet of instructions..... all diagrams, no text at all.  While I'm happy to subscribe to the notion that a picture is worth a thousand words, there's no substitute for a few carefully chosen words along the lines of "glue section A into the rebate on section B" or similar.  

I like diagrams, but I also like words.

Both together.

To minimise the risk of confusion which often arises when there's only one or the other.




So anyway, now I've finished rhapsodising about the instructions (which are really VERY good) I will admit to having a peek inside each box.... just in passing you understand.  There is even a bottle of wood glue included.... how helpful is that?! But probably the best thing was the unmistakable aroma of  new wood, which is to the doll's house maker what crack cocaine is to the drug addict.....

I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment