If you already follow my Tales from a Toymaker blog, you'll know that I've been away on holiday for the past week, so there's been no progress on my little doll shop.
In fact, I've had to dismantle it (again!) from its dry-build state so it's currently in its component parts. That, in itself isn't a problem. The actual assembly of the kit will only take a few hours. However before I ever put glue to wood, I have to be sure of any modifications and alterations I want to make, which might be compromised.
Despite not having made any physical progress, I have been giving lots of thought to what to do internally and externally and making plans accordingly. I'm going to draw up my 'shopping list' this week and order any of the building, lighting and decorating components I need, so once they're sorted out I can take a proper run at it.
However, serendipity struck again this morning, over the name of the shop. I'd been thinking along the lines of "La Petite Maison des Poupees", "La Petite Poupee" or similar. I've even been looking at different Art Nouveau style fonts with those in mind. So when I got my Daily Dictionary email this morning, I was delighted to discover that the word was 'mignon' which means delicately small and pretty. Which in turn reminded me of mignonette, which is a type of small French doll.
Perfect!
So that's decided then.... the name of my shop will be La Mignonette!
Progress in teeny tiny steps.....
What a lovely name :).
ReplyDeleteThanks Diane....
ReplyDeleteI think so too :-)
Perfect!
ReplyDelete