Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Possibilities.....?

Aha.....!

The post this morning brought my package of fancy jewellery findings, which I'm hoping I'll be able to use to make l'oiel de boeuf dormer windows to go in the mansard roof.  They're not, strictly speaking, completely in tune with the style I'm trying to achieve, but having looked at dozens of French-style town houses these wouldn't look too out of place.


Also they're a fraction of the cost of cast resin ones so I'm going to do my best to make them work!

 I have two of each size of these and intend to use one large on in the corner section and  two smaller ones on the side sections.  I will cut off the chain loops, spray paint them and install clear acetate windows.

Quite how I'm going to make the actual dormer window sections themselves remains to be seen but I'm planning to use foamboard, which is easy to cut and incredibly forgiving. ( note to self - put new blade in craft knife first!)


2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea.... Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue....

    The idea was mooted by Jane Laverick and I've been looking on Ebay since then, hoping I'd be able to find something suitable

    And voila!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete