Saturday, 26 May 2012

Progress.... of sorts

I've had no time to work on the actual build this past few weeks, but nevertheless I've been planning and making lists and sorting through my boxes of building components to see what I can use.

So I call that progress.... sort of.

Also, baulking at the thought of paying £££'s for proper 'l'oiel de boeuf' dormer windows, so I've been trawling Ebay hoping to find a suitable alternative and think I might have cracked the conundrum.  

I've found some large jewellery findings, intended for setting big cabochon stones. 
They come in three different sizes and styles and only cost £1.47 pence each, so I've ordered two of each.  I think I'll be able to cannibalise them, and once painted and mounted on an angled foamboard 'dormer' I'm hoping they'll look the part without breaking the bank.

Also, while having a clearout in the workroom last week, I came across a Dover book of Art Nouveau frames and borders which I must have had for years and had completely forgotten about, so I'll be able to 'Art Nouveau' the shop windows. The book comes with a CD of all the images in the book so I'm thinking of resizing one of the frames and printing it onto an acetate sheet.  I can then add colour to give a stained glass effect, and insert the acetate onto the inside of the window frames.  I could also probably do something similar to give a tiled effect under the window frames.


I might also use some of the frames and/or borders for the interior shop fittings, ceilings, ceiling rose etc.


I think it might just work.....

No comments:

Post a Comment