I am going to put the extra hour we've gained by putting the clocks back, to good use this afternoon. I'm planning a planning session, snuggled on the sofa in front of the fire with Small Dog and an old film or two on TV.
I've amassed all of the shop instructions, my notes, and several catalogues of miniature building supplies, Farrow & Ball paint colour brochures etc, with a view to selecting the interior and exterior decor. I have a good idea of what I want to try to achieve, but creating a silk purse out of a sow's ear will definitely be a challenge.
However, losing myself in the 'fun bit' is just what I need for a few hours of 'me time'......
I'll post any startling insights and epiphanies here as I go along..... in a stream of consciousness styley.
Well that's the plan anyway......
Update 2.15pm
Hmmm.... have sorted out replacement windows and doors and hopefully worked out how to add French-style window railings and a scratch built balcony. Still undecided about interior wallpapers and flooring though. Just when I think I've cracked it I slip back into indecision and woolly thinking.
I need an epiphany.....
Update 3.50pm
I think I've finally made a decision on the floors.
Possibly.
I'm thinking distressed antique light oak floorboards for the shop and the dollmaker's workroom above. I was momentarily distracted by some lovely patterned tile flooring but ultimately decided that it would be better to stick to something classic and classy.
I love it - planning a planning session - that made me laugh!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with it all anyway and enjoy.
Planning is sometimes the best part Irene! It's when I get to make all the mistakes in theory before I make them in practice.
ReplyDelete