So.
Thanks to my planning session yesterday (cunningly disguised as lazing on the sofa in front of the TV) I now have an extensive shopping list of items for the shop.
This includes wooden flooring, wallpapers, fancy cornicing, replacement windows/doors, ceiling roses, lighting etc.
For the exterior I need railings (for balcony and widow's walk) quoin stones, roof tiles and paint.
I already have some of the shop fittings in a 'bare wood' state, so I'm going to distress and antique them, possibly with some crackle glaze.
There's just one fly in the ointment at the moment. As with many commercially available kits, the ceiling heights are rather miserly. I bought a beautiful chandelier light fitting for the shop area at KDF earlier this year but it is obviously designed for a ceiling height of more than 10". I'm not quite sure what I can do about that, as it looks impossible to shorten the light fitting, and equally impossible to do anything about the ceiling height, especially as the two rooms are separate entities. If they weren't I could fiddle about with simply moving the ground floor ceiling up a few inches. However that is not an option.
I'll have to muse on that problem but if anyone has any blinding flashes of inspiration, do please let me know.
In the meantime, over the next week, I have the fun of tracking down all the items on my shopping list and waiting for all the various packages to arrive in the post.
It will be a bit like Christmas come early........
I always have to shorten my lights fittings too and don't understand why they make them so long when they won't fit most commercial dolls houses.
ReplyDeleteDiane.....I suppose the lights are properly to scale but the room heights aren't.
DeleteAnyway I'm stymied as I can't see how I can shorten the chandelier any further. The centre pole is solid brass :-(