During the summer, while my workroom makeover was in full swing, the entire contents of the room had to be relocated.
I emptied the contents of La Mignonette (shop fittings etc) and carefully packed them away, then stored the shop in an upstairs bedroom for the duration. It was moved about a bit within the room to make space for more workroom stuff, and eventually came back downstairs when the room was finished.
So far so good.
However, in preparation for doing more work on it this week, I discovered that some of the lighting isn't working.
Actually it's worse than that, as there seems to be in intermittent fault.
The very worst kind.
I'm guessing it has to be a soldered joint somewhere, which is particularly galling as I chose to use a wired system, rather than copper tape, to prevent just such a problem. I've used light fittings with replaceable bulbs so I know it's not a fixed blown bulb. I also know it's not a problem with the transformer.
I've had a quick go at tracing the fault but it's nowhere obvious, so I'll have to do a methodical search of each circuit and every inch of wiring. *sigh* Sod's law dictates that I will find the fault on the very last section of wiring, after several fruitless hours of testing.
No matter. These things are sent to try us and perhaps it's the shop's way of getting back at me for neglecting it for so long.
In other news, I made a little toy doll this week specially to add to my growing stock of dolls for the shop......
I'm particularly pleased with her as the colours of her carefully fitted jacket tone perfectly with the colour scheme in the shop. I think she will go on display in one of the windows, ready to tempt a passing child, or perhaps a kindly, doting grandparent shopping for the perfect gift for their granddaughter.
So I'd best get on and sort out my electrical problem....now where did I put that circuit tester?

Gorgeous tiny doll, did you make her from scratch?
ReplyDeleteDiane,
DeleteSorry, your comment got trapped in my over-zealous spam filter!
Yes, she is made entirely from scratch, starting out as a little puddle of porcelain slip. Even after all these years it never fails to amaze even me!
Wow she is amazing :).
Delete