Now that most of the actual building structure is complete, I can turn my attention to the interior, specifically the ground floor shop.
Last year I bought some lovely hand-painted shop units, which are beautifully made. Each one has double opening doors at the rear, which are mirrored to reflect the back of any items placed inside. The tops are clear perspex, as are the internal shelves, to give the best possible view of the contents.
I've been playing around with the layout.... the units are very flexible so there are a number of different possibilities.
I think I might need more shelving units at the back, either side of the mirrored corner unit though.
Looking down through one of the display cabinets.
Each cabinet will contain a different selection of doll-related items, and every box will be filled.
No dummy boxes in this shop. No siree.....
I've also been making some little mannequins and wig/hat stands to display clothing and wigs.
Meanwhile, upstairs in her workroom, Mademoiselle Emilie is waiting patiently for her shelves to to be filled with glorious fabrics, ribbons and trimmings.....
I have soooo many ideas for little things to make to fill the shop and workroom.
Happy days......






Ya empieza a verse como sera, creo que esta precioso, y los muebles un lujo.
ReplyDeleteUn abrazo.
Yolanda
Gracias Yolanda,
ReplyDeleteMe gusta mucho esta idea
All I can say is WOW!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm hoping that I can bring my vision into reality.....
Delete