When I started making the little silk ribbon spools, 57 seemed a lot. I envisaged them filling whole swathes of shelving in Emilie's workroom.
However, now that they're all finished (Tah Dah!) there don't seem to be as many as I thought there would be.....
There are two sizes (7mm and 4mm) and each little wooden spool is wound with pure silk ribbon, has two vintage labels, all in French, and each spool has a different colour of silk.
There's still a way to go as next up are cards of lace and silk trimmings, but I'm so pleased that the ribbon spools are done.
I've also been sorting through my box of miniature treasures which I've been collecting for this project.
Pride of place on Emilie's work table is reserved for this.....
It's a beautiful miniature reproduction of a vintage sewing machine. It's mounted on a lovely polished wooden base, with a decorative marquetry inlay. The machine itself has delicately detailed gold embossing and as you would expect with a miniature of this quality, many of the parts work. I'm thinking of having a costume in the process of being sewn.....
More treasures to follow.....


Awesome!! I think the spools are just incredible and the sewing machine....well!!!
ReplyDeleteRx