Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Can you guess what it is yet.....?

I had a delivery yesterday......



Looks a bit mysterious, doesn't it.......?

However, there's nothing even remotely mysterious about the content.


A piece of 6mm thick MDF, 50cm square.  A bargain on Ebay from a chap who sells such things as basedboards for gamers.  I had toyed with the idea of buying a full sheet from B&Q but I only needed a small piece so it was more cost effective to buy it online.

So what's it for?



The shop fronts are flush with the base of the shop, so every time I moved it, they fell off.
The easiest solution is to mount the whole thing on a baseboard, so I can easily move it to get to the electrical gubbins at the back without having to remove the fronts in case they plummet to the floor.

Of course this now provides me with a rather spacious pavement area outside the shop.  My next online foray will be to find some realistic looking cobbles or paving stones , so I can have a 'scene' going on.

Talking of scenes, the baseboard had only been in place a few minutes when I spotted a hopeful visitor waiting outside the door.



I had to explain that the shop was closed for the time being which seemed to satisfy her but she's still standing there.  She seems to be waiting for something, or someone.......

6 comments:

  1. I've used services like that. It's great when you can get pieces of MDF cut to size. Saves paying over the odds at B&Q for a big sheet and it's all ready to use when it arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had resigned myself to buying a whole sheet but a quick search on Ebay resulted in finding exactly what I wanted already cut to size and cheaper (even including postage).
    I love it when a plan comes together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent find. I might even ask for his details as I'll be needing something very similar for my Tenement.

    I love your small Small Dog, she's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene. His Ebay seller's name is woodcrafts13.

      I have the feeling that mini Small Dog is up to no good......

      Delete
  4. Me encanta el edificio y va ha quedar fabuloso, una preciosidad.
    Un abrazo.
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete