Despite her credentials as a boney fido ratting terrior, her best friend is a rat called Archimedes. I caught the pair earlier, outside the (locked) door of the shop....... Archimedes brandishing a large brass key.
When challenged, the both had the good sense to look sheepish and Small Dog claimed that they had found the key while out for a stroll along the worktop.
I don't know what they're up to but I'll wager it's something along the lines of 'no good'.
They've made themselves scarce but I'll be keeping watch for any further shenanigans.
In other news, I've ordered some cobblestone paper for the pavement. I did toy with the idea of laying actual stones but decided against it. It would be a nightmare to cut them to fit exactly along the shop fronts, especially as the door section is set on the diagonal. Also, the lower shop fronts have to slide into place, which would be impossible if I used even the thinnest real cobbles.
Over recent weeks I've also been working on making boxes for the shop.
I'm intending that every box should have contents and I still have dozens more to make so wish me luck on that one.....!


I love those boxes and I can't wait to see what you fill them with. Please, no matter how much Small Dog and buddy plead, no bones or cheese or other doggy delights! Your stories are charming and Small Dog still has a devoted fan in Virginia.
ReplyDelete