I don't know what I was thinking. It seemed like A Good Idea at the time.
If I thought making dozens of individual boxes and lids was fiddly, then making contents for each one is fiddly2
However, once I've set my mind to something, I have to go through with it, so for the past few days I've been making loads of little cards for buttons, hair ornaments, jewellery threads, needles etc etc etc.
For the doll haberdashery counter, boxes of silk threads, scissors and needles
I have a total of 7 counter display units like this, in different shapes and sizes. However they all have the same design, having perspex counter tops, sides and fronts, one perspex shelf and mirrored doors at the back. This means that whatever I put inside each one can be seen from all angles. This makes my painstaking box filling marginally less frustrating, as I can be sure that artfully placed open lids will reveal the contents.
I keep changing my mind about what each display will hold though...... Here's my initial list.
- Baby doll clothing and accessories
- Footwear (see note below)
- Jewellery and hair ornaments
- Bride doll accessories - veil pins, headdress/tiara, flower posy/bouquet
- Doll's sewing accoutrements and haberdashery
- As above
- As above
Counter numbers 5, 6 and 7 form the main display area in the centre of the shop.
I'm confident that I can make everything I need for all of the displays except for footwear. It's relatively easy to make shoes and boots from silk or leather directly on tiny half scale dolls, but making them off the feet will present a challenge. If anyone knows of an artisan cobbler who works in 1/24th scale please let me know.
Doll's millinery and wigs will be displayed in/on the corner unit at the back of the room. Again I've chosen units with mirrored backs to reflect the back views.
Dressed dolls will be placed around the shop, on the counter tops and on stepped doll stands. Counters against the walls have mirrors on top, to show the back of the doll costumes.
So far so good. However I have a feeling that once I start filling all those counters, I might expect some 'help' from Smallest Dog and Archimedes, who have been uncharacteristically absent for the past few days. I have a sneaking suspicion they're planning something.......







I've made some teeny tiny boxes which are filled. When I'm making them, I have them all on a tray and I'm oh so careful not to sneeze or move too hastily! lol
ReplyDeleteYou have sooooooo many to do though! It's one exquisite shop which has been tastefully decorated! I just adore it, YUM!! ;o)))) xxxx
No matter how careful I am, some of my boxes always end up stuck to my sleeves or on the floor under my desk.
DeleteI'm gradually getting there though.... apart from the half scale footwear. Do you know of any half scale cobblers?
xx
Un gran trabajo, me encanta es precioso.
ReplyDeleteUn abrazo.
Yolanda
Gracias Yolanda
Delete