Monday, 14 January 2013

Tah Dah.......!






I'm really rather pleased with progress so far.  The balcony is now installed, as are all the windows and doors.  Next to do on the exterior are the various mouldings and  wall signage, as well as the decorative 'widow's walk' railings on the roof.

Internally I've fitted all the window frames and door architraves, and PP has very kindly routed channels for the lighting wires, so that I can easily remove the ceiling lights if necessary without major disruption to the interior decor.

I'm aiming to get the lighting installed today, as well as the wooden floor in the dollmaker's room on the first floor.

*fingers crossed*

8 comments:

  1. Well, you have progressed! :o)))

    Okay, I have some questions! :o) You've routed out channels for the wires, but won't these be covered with wallpaper? Or do you have another plan?

    From your other photo's (I've not been able to get online via my laptop for 3 weeks....no broadband) it appears you wallpapered before you glued the walls in? If so, did this not interfere with the construction of the shop at all? I'm rather intrigued at your so neat and tidy approach! :o))

    I can't wait to see the inside! :o)
    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle....

    The routed channels run along the floors above where the ceiling lights will be. That way the wires from the lights won't interfere with the flooring.
    For the wall lights I'm going to drill holes through the walls and run the wires along the underside of the decorative mouldings to the socket on the back wall, where each light will be individuall plugged in. Hopefully the wires on the exterior will hardly be noticable as I'm going to tape over them and paint the tape to match the shop.
    Yes, I've wallpapered the walls before construction as it's much easier to do it that way and does away with having to get my head and shoulders inside the rooms.
    I'm also cutting and mitreing all the skirting boards and cornicing prior to construction so that I can simply glue them in position afterwards.
    I'm all for making life as easy as possible by doing loads of prep before the build. It also gives me extra thinking time beforehand in case I want to make adjustments to the construction.

    I'll post internal shots after I've got the lighting installed and working....

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made great progress with this and it looks grand. The idea for your oeil de boeuf windows has turned out really well and it's a lovely shade of blue you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Irene....

    I'm pleased with the way it's going so far. Still have a lot of embellishments to add to the exterior but it's coming along nicely :)

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made amazing progress! Love the colour, the balcony and all of the windows! Can't wait to see the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make it sound so easy, the exterior does look great, love those top windows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret and Idske....

    Thanks! There's still a fair amount to do but at last I feel I'm making proper progress.

    Keep watching for updates and photos while I'm on a roll!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking REALLY good.
    My Dutch canal side house however has been hi-jacked by the en suite! Sx

    ReplyDelete