Lots of progress has been made this week though, and at long last all of the component pieces are off my workdesk and the basic construction is more or less complete.
Here it is with the railing installed around the top of the roof, and the first of the exterior mouldings fitted. I have more Art Nouveau embellishments to add above the first floor windows, and some signage to add at first floor level.
The French doors from Mademoiselle Emilie's workroom open onto a balcony, from which she can watch the hustle and bustle on the boulevard below.....
A glimpse through the shop window of La Mignonette....
The interior of the shop with its glittering chandelier and wall lights. The ceiling cornicing has been cut to size and mitred and I've painted it today ready to install tomorrow.
Mlle Emilie's workroom is still a work in progress. After much deliberation I decided to make all of the window panels removable to give good access to the interiors so the panel on the left is held in place by a magnetic catch. Still to install is the wooden flooring, skirting boards and cornicing. Also, in addition to the two wall lights I've decided to add a ceiling light as a dollmaker can never have too much light!
So, still a lot to do but it's all eminently achievable within 14 days..... *fingers crossed*





Bloomin' brilliant!
ReplyDeleteRx
Thanks Robin....
ReplyDeleteI'm really pleased with progress so far...
Sx
Progress looks really good and I like the fact that you've kept with the blue inside and out. The "metal work" outside really stands out and goes well with the roof, tying it all in. I'm pretty impressed with your windows too!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the deadline. You'll make it.
i love the blue your work looks lovely well done
ReplyDeleteIt all looks lovely, I really like the colours you've chosen and the 'metalwork'
ReplyDeleteJulia
Thanks Julia,
DeleteThe metalwork is just plastic railings which I cut down. I'm planning to give it an aged verdigris patina but I need to experiment with colours first!