Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Deadline expired.....

As predicted, I haven't quite made my self-imposed deadline, due to being knee deep in preparations for the Thame Fair in 10 days time.

Although the basic construction is completed, and all the lighting has been installed, there still seems to be quite a lot to do.

The facade is still quite plain so I need to add some architectural details to further Frenchify it.   Internally I still have to install skirting boards and cornicing, before I can call in the shop fitters.

However, in the meantime, during the hiatus, I've unearthed the little 1/144th scale kit I bought at KDF last year, and which has been the inspiration for my shop.

I've made a start on painting the wonderful laser etched brass windows and railings, and have begun the basic construction of the house.  When I got the kit I also bought some teeny tiny LED lights to go inside the house, so I have to remember to install them during the build, when I can more easily get to the ceilings.  The lights run off a tiny battery, which I'm planning to house under the table on which the house stands.

I'm hoping that I might be able to find some suitable materials for the shop(architectural detailing etc) at the Thame Fair, so I'm making a shopping wishlist.

Also, as compensation for not having time at the moment to work on the shop, I'm planning on putting aside the week after the fair to spend some quality time on it.......

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is a stunning 1/144th kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane.... I got it from Keith at Small Time Miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little kit houses seem very popular and they're a lovely addition to any property.

    ReplyDelete