Sunday, 25 November 2012

Decisions, decisions.....

Having made such good progress on the shop this past week, I'm almost at the point where the whole thing can start to come together.  This means that I have to made a decision on wallpapers for the two rooms.

 I've spent ages perusing the various options so here are my top seven favourites, narrowed down from hundreds.  It's actually quite helpful to see them all together in the same place.

All of them are French designs, hopefully in keeping with the style I'm trying to achieve.

OK, this one I thought might be best in the dollmaker's workroom upstairs.  There will be a lot of cupboards in this room so there won't be a lot of wall space showing.  I thought that the vertical stripes would help give the impression of height.


I really like this French panelling and thought it would be perfect in the shop.  I'm not going to have wall-to-wall display units in the shop so the walls have to have some pizazz.
 

This design is called Medici and I think it might be a perfect match for the pale powder blue floor tiles in the shop.  It's difficult to tell what size the pattern is though.


OK..... this is the Wild Card.  It's called Partie de Campagne and is totally typically French.  I think this would work best in individual panels rather than completely covering the whole wall as it's a bit busy.  However I think  it might distact attention away from the shop displays,  so I'm not sure about it.....


 

Another French-inspired paper in vertical stripes.
 


I don't like the border on this one but again, the blue looks like a perfect match of the floor tiles so it's a definite maybe...


I think this last one might go perfectly with the Larousse wall panelling......



So there you have it.  I need to choose two out of these seven papers, one for the shop and one for the dollmaker's workshop.

Any suggestions or comments would be much appreciated, especially if they help me to come to a final decision......

6 comments:

  1. LOVE your wild card!! Like the others too of course...have fun deciding.
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one and the first and def the panelling. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies....

    I already thought that the last one (Du Barry) would go perfectly with the Larousse panelling for the shop so that's sorted.

    Still not entirely sure on the workshop room though. I do really like the first one (Eloise) but I also like the third one (Medici Blue)

    Hmmmm.... still not sure....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous wallpapers, where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane...
      All of the wallpapers are available from Jennifers of Walsall (http://www.jennifersofwalsall.co.uk/index.php)
      They have hundreds of different designs of wallpaper by many different companies.... too much choice!

      Delete