Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Ta dah......!!!

Well, it's taken three days (off and on) to do the tiling on the ground floor, but overall I'm very pleased with it.

The last bit, where I was having to cut each tile to fit along edges was particularly wearing, as although they were described as 'easy to cut' it was hard going with a craft knife.

Thankfully, the grouting has disguised the aforementioned irregularities and the whole floor does look good......


I was beginning to get a bit worried towards the end, as the pile of remaining tiles dwindled, and I feared I was going to run out, but luckily there were enough with only 16 tiles left over.





So, next step is to tackle the windows and doors to see if my 'brilliant idea' to Frenchify them is going to work.  I'm quite buoyed up by my success with the floor so hopefully my luck will hold.



 

3 comments:

  1. I think the floor has worked out really rather well given your initial misgivings! There doesn't appear to be any major discrepancy on either wall where I'm sure it would have shown up. Well done for sticking with it. I like it!

    Good luck with your Frenchified window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene....
    It doesn't bear EXTREMELY close scrutiny but the overall effect is fine, and as I said, the grouting hides a multitude of sins!
    I'm really pleased with the colour though... that soft pale powder blue was exactly what I was looking for.

    Hope I have as much success with the windows.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im very impressed! I wasn't sure at one point whether it would all line up but it looks perfect :-) Well done!

    ReplyDelete