I was idly flicking through the latest issue of The Doll's House Magazine in bed last night when I discovered that the winners of the DHE Creative Competition were illustrated on the back page.
Not only that, the second prize-winner was for a French-inspired shop!
You can see what Susan Butcher did with the kit HERE
Like me, she decided to add a door and balcony on the rather slab-sided front of the shop at first floor level. This enabled her to build a portico under the balcony.
She also built out the windows, making them into deep bays. I did this with my toy shop and vowed never to do so again, despite the fact it does give additional display space. In any case, I'm aiming for a more streamlined facade so I'll keep my shop windows flush with the walls.
Her interiors are really lovely..... lots of columns and interesting architectural touches. I really like the colour scheme too.
I can't believe that someone else thought to attempt such a transformation, given the style of the basic kit, but it's very gratifying to know that it CAN be pulled off!
No comments:
Post a Comment