Monday, 19 November 2012

Tiling in progress......

As promised, here are pics of my tiling in progress.

It took ages to get the initial measurements absolutely perfectly accurate, and if you've read the last post you'll know that I needn't have bothered as the tiles aren't absolutely perfectly accurate anyway.

However, I didn't know that at the start.....


Initially everything looked hunky dory......





Until I got to about this point and realised that things weren't going quite as well as I thought.....




It actually looks pretty damn good in the photo above but there are discrepancies creeping in, caused by ever so slight variations in the size of the tiles.  However, undaunted, I persevered....


 

So.... that's as far as I got by close of play yesterday.  I'm just about to attempt to finish it this afternoon and hopefully, *fingers crossed* it won't look TOO bad, especially once the gaps are grouted.





2 comments:

  1. Your floor looks just fine from where I'm sitting - I like the colour choices. I've heard about these little size discrepancies before with these tiles. A shame when you go to so much trouble getting the exact measurements to start off with. I hope it goes ok - I'm sure it will and it will look superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Irene....
    I must admit, I wouldn't use these individual tiles again, but I couldn't find any sheet tiles in the colours I wanted.
    Plus I naievely thought.... "how hard can it be?"

    Sx

    ReplyDelete